Thursday, May 9, 2013

Shipshewana, Indiana Road Trip


Well, I made it to Shipshewana again.  This time I spent nearly 5 hours wondering the isles of this world-famous flea market.  And, just like last time I visited, I was disappointed.  The vendors are still trying to look as though they are small-time operators but it is evident that they are simply ordering product from overseas through wholesalers and passing it off at a greatly increased profit margin.  I won't be going back anytime soon.

The trip was nice though.  Weather was beautiful with clear sky greeting me upon my arrival.  People were friendly and best of all parking was FREE as it hasn't yet gotten to the "gauge the tourist" season time of year.

I'm thinking that Michigan's UP will be my next trip.  This time of year the black flies are not yet very active and the temperatures are good.  I'll keep you posted.

Safe Travels to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment