Saturday, May 4, 2013

BBQ and Good Times In The South

As someone who really enjoys eating (usually too much) I went looking for a place to visit that would feature food.  Well, as luck would have it, I found just the place.  Best yet is that it is within a one-day drive from my home in Michigan so I'm sure I'll be heading out to visit this unique festival of food very soon.

The 2013 World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest will be presented at Tom Lee Park on Riverside Drive between Beale Street and Georgia Avenue in downtown Memphis, TN


Give up that wet pulled pork BBQ!

I'll let you know when I'm on my way, there and returned with a few extra pounds on and a happy face to match.

Stay tuned.
P.S.  Just a note:  Usually this festival ends up being called "Memphis In Mud" rather than "in may" because it always seems to rain.  That being said however it is worth the trip!

 May 16th-18th, 2013.  I can smell it already!

No comments:

Post a Comment